This continuing series entitled "This Is What We Were Doing Back Then" will highlight the toys and games we played with in the 50s/60s and early 70s, as well as the TV shows and movies that were being watched, the books that we were reading, the foods we were eating, and the fads that were sweeping across America.
For many it will bring back fond memories, but I hope all can enjoy the series by learning about the past and comparing what they find to the own times.
There were no Kindles or e-Book readers during the birth years of the Baby Boom generation, but there were lots of great books created from 1946-1964. I was also created during that period, in 1952 to be exact. Here are 6 influential books published in 1952.
- The Old Man and the Sea by Earnest Hemingway
- East of Eden by John Steinbeck
- The Power of Positive Thinking by Norman Vincent Peale
- Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison
- Charlotte's Web by E.B. White
- Waiting for Godot by Samuel Beckett